Cardboard boxes, pizza boxes, (i.e. cereal & jello boxes), paper towel & toilet paper rolls, paperboard packaging (i.e. tissue & shoe boxes).
1. Remove all packaging (styrofoam, peanuts, bubble wrap, etc.
2. Flatten all boxes.
Plastic bags, food soiled cardboard, wax coated cardboard (i.e. milk cartons).
Office paper (any color), Shredded paper (single cut only), newspaper & inserts, magazines & catalogs, mail & envelopes, paper bags, phone books.
1. Remove non paper objects from paper items.
2. Cover paper with heavier objects to prevent it from blowing away.
Aluminum & steel food and beverage cans, aerosol cans, plastics bottles with necks smaller than their bases, food & beverage containers.
1. Remove all caps and lids.
2. Rinse thoroughly
3. It is ok to leave labels and neck rings on.
Scrap metal, plastic cups, tubs, cups, trays & bags. Deli/take-out containers, Broken glass, Windows, mirrors, ceramics & light bulbs. Drinking glasses.
Single Stream recycling means that all plastic, glass, and metal containers, paper material, and cardboard can be put in the same recycling bin for collection. All sizes of cardboard can be collected IF cardboard is flattened. Watch the video below to see what happens to your recyclables.